Friday, October 10, 2008

Ever get the feeling we are losing something?

As the markets rise and fall and as the worlds economy seems to be nose diving into oblivion there is something else bothering me more, although I can't really put a finger on exactly what it is. As of now it's just a feeling that we are in the process of losing something, and I don't mean money. If I step back, clear my mind of all the noise out there, I begin to realize that we are in the middle of a fundamental shift as American's and citizens of the world as a whole.

I think it's the feeling that things will just never be the same as they were a month ago. It seems that someone has hit the fastforward button and we are racing to a new way of life. I am not opposed to change, when it is for the good. This is what is troubling to me. I don't have that happy warm feeling that this change is going to be for the good, but for the exact opposite. There is something foul in the air and it is turning my stomach. I have the feeling that after the stock market has long recovered and we are able to get ourselves in debt up to our eyeballs again, there will still be something else, more detrimental, hanging over the heads of all Americans. But, who knows, I may just be going crazy. But, I don't think I'm alone.

No comments: