My lunch break was recently extended from 1/2 hour to a full hour so I have plenty of time to add to this blog. I don't really have much to say today. The world is still here, no one I know has lost their jobs or been forced from their homes. The stock market is wobbling to and fro like a drunken man. The Fed and other world leaders are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, attempting to stop what seems to be inevitable. I think at this point they are just trying to keep us from falling into complete economic chaos rather than looking for a economic cure all.
One thing of note, the EU has denounced American capitalism and announced this morning they are calling for a "new world order" and economy. I don't like the sound of that but I don't know enough details so I can't completely be opposed to it, yet. In general I am opposed to any kind of new world order of anything. I feel we should focus on how we can fix our own nations problems before we attempt to wrangle out the rest of the globes. Is there not a saying about pulling the mote out of your own eye before taking the beam out of your brothers? Anyway, it sounds like more of the same today. Life goes on, relatively unchanged for us here in Utah. If it wasn't for the news we wouldn't even know we were in a financial crisis. So I can't complain. Life is good. In fact, we are actually able to put some money away these days. Not so bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment