The world's troubling current events and those the uneasy feeling in all of our guts tell us will soon appear on the horizon have been weighing heavily on my and surely most of the worlds minds. Especially lately with the failing world economy, hurricanes, earthquakes, and so many nations preparing for some future conflict, which I think most of us feel is coming. If you don't step back, take a deep breath, and put everything in perspective once in a while, some are likely to lose their minds or at least suffer from some form of anxiety. (80% of Americans say they are overly stressed as a result of our current economic situation).
There are a lot of positive things going for us if we look for them. However, it seems we have to look a little harder these days, but the good is out there if we want to find it. I enjoyed General Conference last weekend. President Eyring's message of unity was especially comforting. It's good to know that in the middle of all the bad there is a call for unity of all the good. I am also comforted because I know what this is all leading to. They say that the night is always darkest just before Dawn, or something to that effect. I believe that. I don't think we're any where close to the darkest part of the night yet, but we're on our way. I also believe that the hardships we will undoubtedly go through will be a great humbling experience for many.American's can use a good dosage of humility and a good lesson or two about living within our means. When I think of the purging that is going on in the financial sector of the world, I keep coming back to an analogy of a overgrown forest that has caught fire. Sometimes you just have to let it burn and come the next spring the forest will grow back greener and healthier than ever before. Maybe that's the best remedy for the financial world; burn off the excess and let only the strong survive. That is nature after all. (One Darwinian ideas I happen to agree with). I don't have any deluded thoughts that this will be the approach taken, but it seems the most logical in my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment