Thursday, October 23, 2008

Looking Ahead

If you're a close follower of world events you have probably observed that we are all in some kind of bi-polar manic-depressive fit right now. One day we're up the next we're down. Geesh! does anybody got a Valium? So, instead of riding the roller coaster I think I'll attempt to look a little further ahead more often. It's not like I don't look ahead regularly, it has just been easier to get caught up in the short term lately with all the craziness going on every day. Sometimes I feel like I'm caught in a bad suspense movie, never knowing what bad news or unprecedented event lurks around the next corner. And I have to admit, I get caught up in it all sometimes. So it's time to try to look ahead, beyond all of the chaos and get back to some sort of normalcy. Although with so much day-to-day uncertainty it's kind of hard to get concrete plans and goals formed. I guess you just have to plan like nothing has changed and try you hardest to follow through. That's all you can really do. Then, if something comes in the way of that plan you improvise, adapt and do the best you can to move forward. These times are definitely inconvenient to say the least but we just have to confront it and push on.

You know, one thing about these times is that they are a great time for molding and strengthening the individual, if we will let them. I know that my convictions and sense of duty have been greatly enhanced and strengthened in the last seven years and especially in the last month or two. I have a renewed desire to increase my spirituality and education. I am more aware of what is going on in the world around me and my desire to be in unity with my wife, family, church and friends has been greatly increased. It may sound weird but it seems like it takes times like these for us to really make sense of who we are and why we're here. These times are perilous but they are also great. I would not have rather lived in any other time. This is the worst of times but it is also the best of times. I guess they go hand in hand.

No comments: